Mindy W. Carlin
Co-Founder and Owner
"Some cool quote from Mindy..... 3 lines"
Mindy W. Carlin
Mindy W. CarlinAny titles are certs we want to add here?
Mindy is a results-focused public affairs consultant and community leader for clients with interests in the Commonwealth. Her professional experience in a wide range of businesses and organizations throughout Virginia have made her the go-to for strategy and execution.
As a public affairs professional, Mindy possesses a unique ability to understand client challenges quickly and create innovative and strategic approaches to addressing potential roadblocks. Clients are confident in Mindy’s hands on, focused, individualized, and sophisticated approach.
Mindy is currently the co-owner of Access Point where she helps clients with both strategy and operational support.
Over the past 17 years, she has worked with clients on multiple issues, such as:
- Development and Land Use
- Environmental Issues
- General Business Issues
Leadership and Advisory:
- Co-leads the Virginia Association of Community-Based Providers (VACBP)
- Executive Director for the Virginia Business Council
- Trustee on HRBizPAC
- Executive Committee Board Member for the Virginia Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Past Chairman of the Board of the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce - leader of the Chamber's Public Policy Committee for more than 15 years and launched the Chamber’s Health and Wellness Initiative
- Member of the Virginia Leadership Council for the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)
- Member of the Virginia Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Hampton Roads Chamber
Mindy’s efforts have been widely recognized with awards from the Loudoun County Chamber, the Loudoun Economic Development Commission, and the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce. In addition, she has served on the following:
- Governor’s Task Force on Transportation Funding Sustainability (2019)
- Governor’s Advisory Council on Work-Based Learning (2018)
- Fairfax County Public Schools Budget Task Force (2015)
- Loudoun Health Council (past chair)
- HealthWorks of Northern Virginia (founding Board member)
- Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance (former Board member)
Mindy is a graduate of James Madison University. Today she resides with Mike, her husband, in Virginia Beach. Her son, Danny, is close by at Christopher Newport University where he is studying engineering. She is also the proud stepmom of Megan, Matt, and her daughter-in-law, Rita. She is happily known as “Mimi” to her sweet granddaughters, June and Sonia, who all give her lots of excuses to spend time in northern Virginia. Mindy is a certified power yoga instructor, avid runner, and spends as much time at the beach as she can.
Leadership awards/recognition from the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce, Loudoun Economic Development Commission, and Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce.
Leadership and Advisory in the following organizations:
Executive Director, Virginia Association of Community-Based Providers (VACBP)
Executive Staff, Virginia Business Council
Trustee, Hampton Roads Chamber PAC (HRBizPAC)
Member, Board of Directors of the Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce
Member, Virginia Leadership Council, National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)
Past Chair, Loudoun County Chamber
Past Chair, Loudoun County Health Council
Past Chair, Loudoun County Chamber Policy Committee
Co-founder of Loudoun County Chamber Health and Wellness Initiative
Past Board Member, Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance (NVTA)
Service on the following initiatives:
Governor’s Task Force on Transportation Funding Sustainability
Governor’s Advisory Council on Work-Based Learning
Fairfax County Public Schools Budget Task Force